Welcome to the Imperial Polk County Astronomical Society website! We are a group of amateur astronomers in Central Florida, dedicated to informing and educating the public about the art and science of astronomy. Come join us at one of our monthly “Astronomy Nights,” located at one of several state and municipal parks here in Polk County.
- 30Sunday, January 30No events
- 31Monday, January 31No events
- 01Tuesday, February 01No events
- 02Wednesday, February 02No events
- 03Thursday, February 03No events
- 04Friday, February 04No events
- 05Saturday, February 0516000 FL-471, Lakeland, FL 33809https://polkastro.org/event-cal/colt-creek-astronomy-night-4/16000 FL-471, Lakeland, FL 33809
We will be at Colt Creek State Park for an astronomy presentation, rain or shine, and celestial viewing (weather permitting). Colt Creek is one of our best sites with skies dark enough to see the Milky Way. The presentation and viewing is open to the general public. An entrance fee of $4.00 is collected, but it is well worth it to see the universe up close and personal.
Hope to see you there.
We “get around” to several different venues and events during the year. We hope to see you at as many of these events as you can come to. See our complete schedule for the year. click above to download. We add events throughout the year, so check back often for the most up to date info! You can also use the subscription form in the sidebar to receive the latest updates automatically.